The print edition of the McMaster Textbook of Internal Medicine is a convenient compact textbook fitting snugly into your scrubs pocket.
What Makes it Special
- Developed at McMaster University, the birthplace of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and one of the world’s top universities
- Over 1500 pages, sized for portability (10.5 cm × 19 cm × 3.2 cm)
- Expert overview of a wide range of topics, from cardiology and endocrinology to hematology and infectious diseases, reflecting the Canadian and North American approach (click to view the table of contents and a sample chapter on stroke)
- Emphasis on practical clinical application and accessibility
- Free of jargon and overwhelming details
- Uniformly structured chapters for greater ease of use and quick navigation
- For clinicians, including internists, family physicians, hospitalists, medical residents and students, all front-line acute health-care workers, and other medical professionals
- Facilitating decision-making through GRADE indicators (click to read about GRADE)
Where to Buy
McMaster Campus Store
Available in store and online at campusstore.mcmaster.ca/mcmtextbook.
Medycyna Praktyczna (Poland)
Orders shipped to Poland can be placed online at mp.pl.
Where to Download
The contents of the print edition of the textbook are also available as continuously updated mobile apps for Apple and Android devices.
The Story Behind the Book
The McMaster Textbook of Internal Medicine is the first Canadian textbook of internal medicine developed at McMaster University, the birthplace of problem-based learning (PBL) and evidence-based medicine (EBM) and one of the leading medical schools in the world (click to read more).
How it Looks