§ 1 Basic information
1. “Medycyna Praktyczna” Wojciech Bodzoń, Piotr Gajewski, Jarosław Kużdżał, Wiesław Latuszek-Łukasiewicz, Bernard Wirkijowski Spółka jawna, with headquarters at ul. Rejtana 2 in Kraków (postal code: 30-510) (hereinafter "Service Provider") is the owner of the empendium.com website (hereinafter “Website”) and publisher of the McMaster Textbook of Internal Medicine newsletter (hereinafter “Newsletter”).
2. The Website and Newsletter are intended for General Internists, Subspecialists, Hospitalists, Family Physicians, Residents, and Fellows in Training Specializing in Internal Medicine.
3. A Newsletter subscriber (hereinafter “Subscriber”) is a person who has accepted these terms and conditions (hereinafter “Terms and Conditions”) and subscribed to the Newsletter.
4. The Newsletter is issued on a semi-regular basis, once a month or biweekly.
5. The Service Provider reserves the right to change the frequency of Newsletter publication without amending the Terms and Conditions.
§ 2 Service description
1. The Service Provider provides the electronic Newsletter service that involves sending selected information published on the Website, including commercial information, in an email delivered at the email address indicated by the Subscriber.
2. Newsletter subscription is free of charge.
3. To subscribe to the Newsletter, the client should:
3.1. Fill out the order form available on the Website;
3.2. Accept the Terms and Conditions;
3.3. Send the order form (an email will be sent to the provided email address to verify that the address is accurate);
3.4. Confirm the order by clicking the verification link in the received email.
4. The Subscriber can unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time.
5. To unsubscribe from the Newsletter, the client should:
5.1. Click the link provided in the Newsletter (placed at the bottom of each Newsletter email), or
5.2. Send a resignation statement to [email protected].
6. As a result, the Service Provider will send an email confirming that the Service has been deactivated and will not be sending subsequent Newsletter issues to the client.
7. A person who unsubscribed from the Newsletter can order the Service again.
8. Any complaints or remarks regarding the Service should be submitted to: [email protected].
9. Complaints will be considered within 14 days from their receipt.
§ 3 Personal data
1. The controller of the personal data of the Website users and Newsletter Subscribers shall be the Service Provider. The controller designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted for any issues related to personal data at email@example.com or by traditional mail sent to the headquarters address.
2. Personal data are processed for delivery of the ordered services and for marketing purposes.
3. The processing of personal data is necessary to perform any agreement (ie, under Article 6(1)(b) of Regulation [EU] 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC [General Data Protection Regulation, or the GDPR]). The basis for personal data processing for commercial purposes is the lawful interest of the data controller (ie, Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR).
4. Providing personal data is voluntary yet necessary to conclude an agreement with the Service Provider and receive the Newsletter. A person who has not provided their data or does not agree to data processing cannot use the Service and receive Newsletters.
5. Personal data may be transferred for processing to trusted entities (processors) that, pursuant to an agreement with the Data Controller, support the business activity of the Data Controller; those entities include, without limitation, the providers of IT, accounting, tax, legal, and audit services.
6. Subscribers are entitled to access, correct, and remove their personal data or limit the scope of data processing, transfer their personal data to another data controller, and file complaints with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if they suspect that their personal data processing violates GDPR provisions.
7. Personal data will not be subject to any automated decision-making mechanisms.
The Terms and Conditions shall be in force starting from August 1, 2021.