International Visegrad Fund
The project is co-financed by the governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from the International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.
The International Visegrad Fund supports regional cooperation between civil society organizations to advance their relations, exchange and share ideas and promote mutual understanding. For more information, visit www.visegradfund.org.
About the Project
The "V4 Best Case Report Contest 2024" project is designed to empower young internists from V4 countries to participate in a prestigious global competition: the Best Case Report Contest 2024. Moreover, it aims to strengthen ties between internal medicine societies from Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia.
The primary objective of this initiative is to elevate the international recognition of young researchers from V4 countries. The contest provides them with an exceptional opportunity to connect with renowned experts from around the world, with the potential for forging future collaborations.
Best Case Report Contest
This unique competition is tailored to young internists and has the following key objectives:
- Disseminate current medical knowledge and experiences based on clinical cases
- Enhance the competencies of young doctors in the realms of problem-based learning and evidence-based medicine
- Improve the quality of medical education and healthcare globally
Eligibility and Application Process
Ten young internists per partner society from V4 countries are eligible to submit their case reports under the contest's general rules (www.mircim.eu/bcrc).
Advantages for Approved BCRC Participants from V4
- Waiver of MIRCIM 2024 registration fee (for the first author)
- Travel reimbursement up to 100 euros (for the first author)
- Complimentary accommodation up to 4 nights in Kraków (for the first author)
- National award for the best case report (selected from each society) – cash prize of 1,000 euros
- Global promotion of case reports