Dr. Yves AllenbachSorbonne University, France
Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology, Myology Research Center, Pitié Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris, France.
Yves Allenbach is an expert in the field of auto-immune myopathies. Based on a translational approach the research interests are (i) diagnosis/follow-up, (ii) pathophysiology (in vitro and in vivo models) and (iii) therapy of myositis.
Select Recent Publications
- Development of a New Classification System for Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies Based on Clinical Manifestations and Myositis-Specific Autoantibodies. JAMA Neurol. 2018
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor-Associated Myositis. Circulation 2018
- The pathogenicity of IFN-I on muscle cells, benefit of Jak inhibitor and interest in Dermatomyositis. Brain 2018.
- In vivo pathogenicity of IgG from patients with anti-SRP or anti-HMGCR autoantibodies in immune-mediated necrotising myopathy. Annals of Rheumatic Disease 2018.
- Pathogenic role of anti-SRP and anti-HMGCR antibodies in necrotizing myopathies: Myofiber atrophy and impairment of muscle regeneration in necrotizing autoimmune myopathies. Ann Neurol. 2017
- Immune-Mediated Necrotizing Myopathies Working Group. 224th ENMC International Workshop: Clinico-sero-pathological classification of immune-mediated necrotizing myopathies. Neuromuscul Disord. 2018
Yves Allenbach, born in 1976, during his residency, has focused his training (Internal Medecine/Clinical Immunology) on Neurology, Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology to be skilled to take care of myositis patients. Since 2009, he is in a tertiary center, a reference center for myositis. Since 2015, I has a permanent position (Associate Professor), after a PhD on the development of a mouse model of auto-immune myopathy and analysis of systemic immune response in myositis and a Post-doc (La Charité, Berlin, Germany, 2014-15) on myositis pathology to revisit the muscle pathology based on a serological approach using myositis specific antibodies.